In an era when much contemporary art cannot be contained within the traditional categories of painting and sculpture, and when technology is transforming the production of visual images, the Studio Arts Program at Bard has expanded the breadth of its offerings while retaining a strong core of courses that provide a firm grounding in basic techniques and principles.
The Studio Arts Program is available to both the student who wishes to major and moderate into the program as well as the student who wishes to experience the visual arts and apply that experience to other disciplines.
Students moderate by the end of their sophomore year and after having completed at least 40 credits. A successful moderation is necessary to major in the studio arts program.
Studio Arts Staff
- Studio Art Main Office Fax: (845) 758-7683
- Melody Conway, Program Administrator; x7674, Fisher 150
- Roman Hrab, Director of Operations, Fisher x7060, Fisher 130, http://romanhrab.com
- Marko Shuhan, Ubs Facilities Coordinator, 845-758-0029, MAT Bldg., Red Hook; http://www.markoshuhan.com
- Charlie Smith, Fisher Studio Arts Shop Manager, Fisher 136
Visual Resources Center Staff
- Amy Herman, Curator of Visual Resources; x7304, Fisher 152
For more information visit this site: http://vrc.bard.edu/